Site Map For About Cocker Spaniels
Pushed For Time And Can't Find What You're Looking For?
When you're short of time and in a rush, our Site Map pages will help you find exactly what you want, quickly and without any fuss.
You have two options: you can try either the hand search box below or you can scroll down the page to see a list of links to all the pages on this website.
You can use the search-box below to help you find the pages or articles you're interested in.
For example, if you're looking for information on Cocker Spaniel puppies, simply type the words "cocker spaniel puppies" (without the quotation marks) into the search box above and then click on the "search" button to the right of the box.
In seconds your search will bring up a list of all the pages on our website related to Cocker Spaniel puppies.
Alternatively, you can simply scroll through the page links listed below in our Site Map.
indexed all our web-pages as links, and grouped them together in logical
order to make it even easier to find specific topics or pages on our site.
If you've tried both Search Facility and our Site Map and still can't find what you're looking for, feel free to use our Contact Us page and drop us a line - if we can help you, we will!
Hope you find what you're looking for!
About Cocker Spaniels - Site Map
Your Cocker Photos!
- Your Dog Pictures! This is where you can add photos of your own Cocker Spaniel to our doggie hall of fame!
Cocker Spaniel Blog
Cocker Spaniel Breed Information
- General Info About The Cocker Spaniel - Learn all about this wonderful breed, plus many other interesting dog facts.
- Differences Between The English And The American Cocker Spaniel - Learn the differences between these two beautiful dog breeds.
- The Cocker Spaniel Breed Standard - Learn more about the Cocker breed.
- Cocker Spaniel Characteristics are so endearing; adorable eyes, pendulous ears; wagging tail, and they're especially good with kids!
- Cocker Spaniel Temperament is very gentle and loving, making them great family dogs.
- Cocker Spaniel Coats come in many beautiful colours, learn more here.
- Chocolate Cocker Spaniels - If you love brown coloured Cockers, you'll love this page with it's wonderful photos!
- The History Of Cocker Spaniels show that the breed first originated in Spain, and it's thought their name is derived from the old French word for Spanish - Espagniol - sometimes spelled 'Spanial'...learn more.
- Spaniel Breeds 1 - There are lots of different Spaniel breeds, such as: the American Cocker Spaniel, the American Water Spaniel, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, the Blue Picardy and the Boykin Spaniel...learn more.
- Spaniel Breeds 2 - discover more spaniel s: the Clumber, the Field Cocker, the French and the German Spaniel, and of course, the King Charles...learn more.
- Spaniel Breeds 3 - and the last of the spaniel breeds: the Irish Water Spaniel, the Pont Audemer, the Russian Spaniel, the Sussex Spaniel, the Welsh Springer Spaniel and of course, the English Springer...learn more.
Buying A Puppy
- All You Need To Know About Getting A Puppy! - this practical guide not only gives lots of useful advice on buying a puppy, but it will explain how to find a good breeder, how to choose the perfect pup for you and your family, and much more.
- Please Don't Buy From A Puppy Farm - these places (sometimes known as puppy mills) breed thousands of puppies, in horrendous conditions, purely for the money. The pups are not cared for properly and often many die before they are sold.
- Do Cocker Spaniels Make Good Family Dogs? - Cocker Spaniels make great family dogs, especially if they're well-trained and firm ground rules have been established for the children to follow - learn how here.
- Why Shouldn't I Get Two Puppies? - Raising two puppies at the same time isn't twice the fun, it's truly inadvisable, but if you're truly determined to do so, here's how!
- How To Puppy-Proof Your Home - Does your home pass the puppy proof test? Do you know the dangers to watch out for? Learn how to make your home safe for you pup.
- Essential Puppy Supplies you'll need before you bring your new puppy home, such as his crate, bedding, food and food bowls, puppy toys, and much more.
- Are you the Alpha Dog in your pack? - The term 'Alpha Dog' refers to the leader of the pack, but the alpha role isn't always held by the male, there are many alpha females too!
Cocker Spaniel Breeders Directory
Database of Cocker Spaniel Puppy Names
- A-Z of Puppy names - this does exactly what it says on the tin!
- Choosing puppy names - Need some help in choosing your puppy's name? Discover lots of handy tips to make sure you find the best possible name for your little pup.
- Adorable puppy names! - you're probably straining at the leash and eager to choose your puppy's name. Why not let our huge selection of male and female puppy names take the strain and help you find what you're looking for?
- Cocker spaniel names - hundreds of wonderful puppy names for both boys and girls.
- Cute puppy names - to suit your Cocker Spaniel's 'personality', includes cute names for boys and girls.
- Female dog names and male dog names to help you with your shortlist, so whether you've a little boy or girl puppy - we've both options covered!
- Cool dog names - all Cockers are cool (in my humble opinion) but I'm sure you'll agree. So if your Cocker's cool, why not take a look at our cool names for boys and girls?
- Top male dog names - here you'll discover hundreds of the most popular dog names for boys.
- Male puppy names - lots to choose from to help you find exactly what you're looking for!
- Boy dog names - you'll find so many to choose from you may be tempted to pick more than one!
- Unique dog names - we've put together hundreds of unusual dog names for both boys and girls! I think you'll agree they really are quite special, just like your little fella' or little lady.
- Unique male dog names - let us help you pick something very special name for your special little boy!
- Unique female dog names - you can't help but be inspired by these unusual names for little girl dogs.
- Female puppy names - we have lots of feminine-sounding names for your little girl - why come on in and take a look?
- Names for female dogs - there's so many of them, and they're all gorgeous-sounding. I think you'll find it difficult to choose just one!
- Girl dog names - especially suited to little girl puppies.
More Male Puppy Names
More Female Puppy Names
New Puppy Care
- Feeding Your Puppy - feeding your puppy healthy dog food right from the beginning is essential if he's to grow into a strong-boned, healthy adult cocker spaniel.
- Potty Training Your Puppy Made Simple! - this free guide to potty training puppies, takes a no-nonsense, practical approach to getting the business of potty training done and out of the way so you can concentrate on enjoying your new puppy.
- Toilet Training Dogs - you may need to house-training your Cocker Spaniel for a second time, for one reason or another,
or you may have rescued an adult Cocker Spaniel whose toilet habits are
not quite up to scratch! Potty training is best if approached in a structured and
consistent way, especially if you're to get fast results.
Cocker Spaniel Questions & Answers
- Cocker Spaniel Questions & Answers - if you've a question about your Cocker that you'd like to ask, then this is the place to be! If you're an experienced dog owner, why not pop along and answer a few questions and give the benefit of your knowledge to someone else?
Training & Behavioral
- How To Train A Puppy - this does exactly 'what it says on the tin' - lots of solid advice and instruction on training young puppies!
- Attention Seeking Behavior In Dogs - this kind of behavior can be so annoying and often inappropriate, especially if you're busy trying to do something else. Learn how to stop your Cocker demanding your attention and get a bit of peace and quiet back into your life!
- How To Crate Train A Puppy - there are some dog owners that believe putting a puppy in a cage is cruel - it's not, I promise you. Learn more about crate training your pup here.
- What Are The Benefits Of Crate Training A Puppy? - your puppy will feel safe and secure in his crate and will come to view it as his 'personal space' where he can get a bit of peace and quiet. Not only that - it can help with potty training too!
- Discover The Essential Rules Of Crate Training - one of the most important rules of crate training is to make sure
your puppy doesn't have any negative experiences in or around his crate - learn more here.
- Crate Training A Dog - How Hard Can It Be? - the rules for crating a puppy are more or less the same as for crating an adult dog. It can take several days or weeks, but the key is not to rush him.
- Crate Training Your Puppy Isn't Cruel - learn more about crating your Cocker Spaniel
- Dog Carriers - when you need to take your pet to the vet or to see family and friends, a carrier is essential to keep him safe and comfortable.
- What Are Dog Crates And Why Should I Use One? - they're den-like cages that your Cocker can use when he needs a safe place to retreat, should things get a bit too hectic! They can make great pet travel crates too!
- How To Choose A Dog Crate - learn what to look for when choosing your Cocker's crate.
- How To Remedy Your Dog's Separation Anxiety - learn how you can help your Cocker Spaniel manage better when he's home alone.
- How To Stop Your Puppy Biting - believe it or not, this is fairly normal behavior - it's how they play and explore their little world. However, it's up to us (as puppy parents) to teach them 'bite inhibition'.
- How To Stop Your Puppy Chewing -10 great tips that will help you to stop your Cocker chomping his way through your home!
- Puppy Games - playing games with your Cocker Spaniel is a great way to teach him control and discipline - why not take a look at a few games we've outlined here?
- 'Chase Me' Puppy Games - Learn why you shouldn't place 'Chase Me' with your Cocker spaniel puppy!
- Puppy Games - Fetch! - how to teach your puppy to run after a ball and then bring it back to you, rather than running away with it (and/or hiding it!).
- Puppy Games - Find It! - how to teach your Cocker puppy to play find it - it's really great fun for both puppies and children!
- Puppy Games - Hide and Seek! - this is also a great game for children to play with their puppies - just listen to the cries of glee from the kids
- Puppy Games - Tug of War - why you shouldn't play tug of war with dominant Cockers!
- Puppy Training Tips! - Essential training tips to help you get the best out of training your puppy - get a head start here!
- Separation Anxiety In Dogs - if your Cocker suffers anxiety when you're not around, there are many things that you can do for him to help minimize the problem - learn more here.
- Socializing Your Puppy - Socialization is one of the most important parts of your puppy's training and development - I cannot emphasize this enough. If you read just one article today - this must be the one!
- Puppy Obedience Training - this obedience training isn't just for Cocker Spaniels, it works well for any breed of dog.
- Training a puppy to 'Watch' on command - if you can teach your puppy to do this, you'll have his attention any time you need it.
- Training a puppy to 'Sit' on command - the secret to getting your pup to sit when you ask him - it's easy when you know how!
- Training A Puppy To Lie 'Down' On Command - this is a great command to teach your dog as he's less likely to move away if he's lying down.
- Training A Puppy To Lie 'Down' and 'Stay' On Command - learn to put your Cocker into a 'down/stay' command and leave him for a few minutes. You can teach him to get used to being left on his own with this command too.
- Training A Puppy To 'Stand' On Command - wondering when you'll use this command? Well, how about when you're grooming your dog or when you want to bath him? In both situations you'll probably want your dog to stand so that you can get at his underbelly.
- Training A Puppy To 'Wait' and 'Stay' on Command - learn the difference between these two commands - some say there isn't any difference, others argue that there is - I'll leave you to make up your own mind.
- Training A Puppy To 'Drop It' On Command - teaching your Cocker Spaniel to drop whatever he has in his mouth is probably one of the best commands he'll ever learn, and someday, it could even save his life!
- Training A Puppy To 'Leave It' On Command - the same goes for this as above - make sure you continue to repeat these commands to reinforce the message.
- Training A Puppy To 'Come' On Command - the recall command is another great command to teach your puppy - just be sure to use it in many different situations and circumstances to strengthen the recall.
- Training A Puppy To 'Be Quiet' - this is where you teach your puppy to bark and then teach him to stop - sounds baffling, but it works.
- Why Do Dogs Bark? - dogs bark for many reasons - it's up to you to determine what's causing your dog to bark before you can begin to remedy it.
- How To Stop Your Puppy Barking - at first a barking puppy is cute, but not when it's continuous - learn to control your puppy now, before it's too late.
- Effective Barking Deterrent - Would you believe the humble water pistol makes an effective tool to stop your dog barking? Well, it does, it really works - try it for yourself!
Cocker Spaniel Grooming
- Grooming Cocker Spaniels - isn't only about brushing your dog, it's also about brushing his teeth, clipping his nails, checking his skin and looking for signs of potential ill health.
- Bathing Your Dog - If you're new to puppy ownership, this is the proper way to bath your dog...without tantrums and tears!
- Bathing A Puppy - If this is the first time, either for you or your puppy, it can be an anxious occasion for you both. This article will help to ease your mind and allow you both to enjoy your puppy's bath-time.
- About Brushing Dog Teeth - Yes, I know, it sounds mad doesn't it? But really, brushing your Cocker's teeth it will keep his teeth and gums healthy and will help him to keep them for longer - just like us! There's no such thing as doggie dentures, well, at least not yet!
- Brushing Puppy Teeth - if you begin now and get your puppy used to having his teeth brushed, it will be much better in the long run.
- Brushing Your Dog - brushing a Cocker spaniel isn't like brushing any other dog. There's much more to it and it needs to be done regularly if his coat it to remain silky and shining.
- Learn How To Groom Your Cocker Spaniel Puppy - this is not so much about grooming as getting your puppy used to being handled and brushed so that when his coat is long enough to need grooming he'll be so familiar with it that he won't even notice you're doing it!
- Learn How To Cut Dog Nails - this is quite important, especially for dogs who are not walked on pavements as their nails tend to be much longer. (Pavements tend to 'file' your dog's nails and keep them trim). Learn the proper way to cut your Cocker's nails.
- Cocker Spaniel Dew Claws - your Cocker probably doesn't have dew claws as they're normally removed when they're very young, but you can learn more about them here.
- How To Choose A Dog Groomer - you may decide to do all of your Cocker's grooming yourself, many owners do, but you may want to 'share' the work with a professional groomer. Find all you need to know about choosing your groomer here.
Continued on next page covering the following topics:
- Cocker Spaniel Health
- Cocker Spaniel Feeding And Diet
- Delicious Dog Biscuit Recipes
- Dog Kennels And Dog Houses
- Dog Beds And Sleeping Arrangements
- Miscellaneous Pages On Our Site Map
Simply click here to go to the next page.