Site Map 2
Continuation of Site Map for About Cocker Spaniel's website.
Cocker Spaniel Health
- Cocker Spaniel Health Problems - let's hope there are non, but realistically, our Cockers are going to have one or two health problems during their lifetime. Isn't it better to be prepared?
- Cleaning Your Dog's Ears - step by step instructions on the best way to keep your Cocker Spaniel's ears clean and bacteria free.
- Cocker Spaniel Ears - let's face it, Cocker ears are something special aren't they? And because of this they need special attention.
- Cocker Spaniel Weight- do you know what weight your best friend is? Do you know what weight he should be and what the consequences of being too heavy are?
- What Is Coprophagia In Dogs? - coprophagia is a term for when a dog eats his or another dog's poop. Yuk! Learn what you can do to stop this unpalatable habit.
- Is your puppy eating his own poop? - occasionally, some puppies go through this 'stage' and eat their own poop, but they usually grow out of it. Learn why they do it and what you can do about it if they don't grow out of it.
- Dog Ear Infection - infections in the ears can be very, very painful. Keep infection at bay and your Cocker's ears healthy.
- Dog Fleas And Ticks - these parasites are not only unpleasant for you and your dog, they can cause disease too - learn how to stop them in their tracks right now!
- Dog Food Allergies - these can cause your Cocker many problems. Learn more about food allergies and what you can do about them.
- My Dog Has Bad Breath! - Yuk, who want's to be licked by a dog with stinky breath? Dog breath can be really disgusting but did you know it could also be a sign that your pet is unhealthy?
- Dog Poisoning - what every dog owner should know about accidental poisoning - it's more common than you may think!
- Poisonous Plants - learn which plants are poisonous if eaten by your Cocker - you may have one or two of these in your garden. Forewarned is forearmed!
- Dog Poisons In The Home - there are so many potential poisons in your home that could seriously harm your pet. Check them out here.
- Toxic Food For Dogs - did you know that depending on the size of your pet and how much he manages to snaffle, chocolate and grapes could kill him? Learn more about the foods that we should never feed to our dogs.
- Rat Poison Kills Dogs Too! - although this is fairly obvious, dogs are still frequently poisoned by bate left for rats. Don't let your Cocker become another statistic.
- Ear Infection In Cocker Spaniels - as experienced Cocker owners, we know that this can be a real problem is not managed properly, but if you're new to this breed let us help you cope.
- The Flea Life Cycle - if you're to get rid of a flea infestation for good, it's helpful if you understand their life cycle. Simply killing the adult fleas is enough, especially if there are still eggs in your Cocker's coat as they will hatch and begin all over again.
- Applying Flea Medication The Right Way! - many owners never get the best out of their flea treatments simply because they don't apply it in the correct way. Flea medication tends to be expensive so let's get it right.
- What Do Fleas Look Like? - I'm often asked what fleas look like because they're so small and hop about so quickly that it's difficult to see them. Here's a close up of a dog flea, it looks like something off Alien II.
- Natural Flea Control - this is for you if you don't want to use harsh chemicals on your dog. Discover alternative natural flea remedies that are safe to use on you pet.
- Neutering Dogs - to neuter or not to neuter, that is the questions. However, it's not my question to answer, but I can give you the pros and cons of neutering your dog and let you make up your own mind.
- Rage Syndrome In Cocker Spaniels - this is quite a serious condition, and you ought to be aware of it, but I cannot stress this point strongly enough - rage syndrome exists, but is very rare and often misdiagnosed.
- Learn Why Dogs Eat Poop! - find out why your dog enjoys eating his own (or other dog's) poop and what you can do to overcome it.
- Pet Insurance Quote - make sure you're aware of what's being quoted for and exactly what cover you'll be buying.
Cocker Spaniel Feeding And Diet
- Healthy Dog Food - if you feed your Cocker the best dog food you can afford, you'll be rewarded with fit and healthy dog and reduced vet bills!
- The Cocker Spaniel Diet - learn about the food your pet should be eating, his ideal weight and, if he's slightly on the 'chubby' side, how to remove those stubborn pounds.
- Holistic Dog Food Explained! - if you don't understand the term 'holistic food for your dog', don't worry, you're not alone. Learn about it here.
- Homemade Dog Food Recipes - why not treat your Cocker to some healthy home made dinners? Discover lots of tasty, easy recipes here.
- Hypoallergenic Dog Food - many pets suffer from food allergies and their vets prescribe a hypoallergenic diet to help relieve the symptoms of the allergy.
- Natural Dog Food - let's face it, we don't like feeding our dogs chemical and preservatives do we? That's why many will only feed their dogs natural foods, learn more.
- Organic Dog Food - organic is not the same a natural, discover the difference between the two here.
- Overweight Dogs - Cocker spaniels are notorious for becoming overweight, particularly as they get older, and this extra weight can cause your pet many health problems. Find out how you can help your cocker to reduce that bulging waistline.
- Prescription Dog Food - this is specially prepared dog food for pets with a particular health problem that requires a prescription, for example, diabetes, kidney disorders, weight disorders, etc. Learn more here.
- Raw Dog Food - Often termed as BARF, raw dog food is as close to nature as it gets. On this diet he's fed, as close as possible, what he would have eaten in the wild.
- Vegetarian Dog Food - yes, there are many vegetarian dogs, often as a result of several unsuccessfully treated allergies, but also because many owners believe a vegetarian diet is more healthy for their pets.
- Dog Food Aggression - this is a very dangerous situation. It's when you dog begins to guard his food because, for some reason, he believes you're going to take it away from him. Things can get quite nasty, so I strongly recommend you read this.
- Food Aggression In Dogs - learn how to reduce the symptoms of dog food aggression and get your dog to trust you around his food again.
Delicious Dog Biscuit Recipes
- Peanut Butter Dog Biscuit Recipes - when I'm making these, Max, my cocker sits in the kitchen and doesn't move until they're out of the oven and ready to eat - he loves them.
Dog Kennels And Dog Houses
- Where To Find Cheap Dog Kennels - if you're on a tight budget, the last thing you need to do is fork out for a new kennel, but if you know where to look there are cheap kennels around.
- Dog Houses - a safe, comfortable retreat for your ocker Spaniel
- Dog Pens - a dog pen can offer you peace of mind knowing that your puppy is safe and can't escape- great for times when you're just too busy.
- Dog Runs - an invaluable asset to pet owners as they can help give your dog exercise as well as lots of fresh air, and peace of mind to you, knowing that he's safe.
- Dog Runs - learn how to build your own dog run and save yourself a heap of cash!
Dog Beds And Sleeping Arrangements
- Tips For Choosing Dog Beds - check out these tips for buying a bed before you spend your money otherwise you may find the bed you buy is quite right for your Cocker.
- Types Of Dog Beds - there are many different types of bed available for our pets and what you choose is personal to each owner and their dog.
- Cosy Dog Blankets - my Cocker loves his blankets (he currently has 3 and another 2 old ones with holes where he's chewed them in response to being left alone for too long - in his eyes anyway) and often burrows underneath them to stay warm in the winter!
Miscellaneous Pages On Our Site Map
- Contact Us - if you have anything to say, or you'd like to offer constructive feedback, or you'd like us to cover something, or you simply want to ask us a question, this is the page to use.
- Cocker Spaniel Search - if you can't find what you're looking for, this is the page to go to. Just type in the word or words you want and click on the search button and you're done!
- About Us - this page tells you a little about me and Max and why we started this website. If you'd like to start a website of your own, this page also explains how you can do that (it's real easy and you don't need to be technically minded!).
- Under Construction
Return to top of page
Return to site map 1